New Zealand is such a special place. The nature there is endless, the people are beautiful and there is just something magical about it.
For this retreat, I wanted us to experience two different places so the retreat is actually spread over two locations. The first four nights we will be at the wonderful Mana Retreat Centre in Coromandel before heading south to Raglan to stay in an eco lodge, relax a bit, meditate in a cave and ease back into modern life.
Sunday 8th November to Saturday 14th November 2020
There are two options: self drive and meet at Mana Retreat Centre in Coromandel or opt-in for transfers from (and back to) Auckland Airport.
Mana Retreat Centre in Coromandel and Karioi Lodge in Raglan
who is this retreat for
* you need to remove yourself from the stress and busy-ness of life to reconnect with yourself and gain perspective
* you want to explore deeper aspects of yoga, as well as enjoying the physical practice
* you crave connection with like-minded, open hearted people
* you want to explore a little of what New Zealand has to offer
* all bodies, ages, experience, sexual orientations are very welcomed and encouraged
* no yoga or meditation experience necessary, this retreat is for everyone!
how to get there
You will need to fly into Auckland and either rent a car to make your way to Mana Retreat Centre (I can connect you with other people from the retreat so that you can carpool and save costs) or I will arrange your transfer from Auckland to Mana Retreat Centre.
day 1-5: coromandel
During our four night stay in Coromandel we will be delving deep into retreat mode. Lots of yoga, meditation, connection, transformative workshops and free time to integrate. There are many nature walks to do around the property as well as a traditional steam sauna!
Highlight: Meditation in "The Sanctuary" - a mystical building overlooking the ocean perfect for reflection and contemplation practice (see photos above)
day 5-7: raglan
Sometime in the morning on Thursday we will pack up and drive 2.5 hours south to Raglan, stopping on the way for lunch. Raglan is a quaint surfer town with beautiful beaches and a great vibe. During these days you can expect the intensity to drop a little. We will stay at a simple ecolodge and although we will still have our yoga practice and other activities happening you will have plenty of time to head to the beach and relax. We will finish with a group dinner at a local restaurant overlooking the ocean.
Highlight: A half day trip to the famous glow worm caves of Waitomo for a meditation practice beneath the glow worm galaxy (see picture below of my last visit to the caves)
Early bird price before 15 August:
* $1,450 for a twin share room
* $1,750 for a private king room
* $1,600 for a twin share room
* $1,900 for a private king room
Full price after 15 August:
* $1,650 for a twin share room
* $1,950 for a private room
* $1,800 for a twin share room
* $2,100 for a private room
A limited amount of private rooms are available so book early to avoid missing out. Please note that in Raglan, all rooms have a shared bathroom. If you would like to book your own accommodation nearby, please let me know and I can reduce the price accordingly.
A $250 non-refundable deposit is required for booking. Payment plans are available for the remainder of the payment. Full payment is required by 1 September 2020.
* 6 nights accommodation
* Return transfers to the north from Auckland (if booking the transfer package)
* Meals from dinner on 8th to breakfast on 14th (please advise of any dietary requirements)
* Yoga, breath and meditation classes
* Daily transformative workshops
* Half day trip to the glow worm caves
* Hugs (consensual of course)
* Good company and a supportive, open environment for you to be exactly as you are
what's not included
* Flights and insurance
* Transfers to/from Coromandel or Raglan (if booked self drive)
* Spa treatments
* Non-consensual hugs
have questions or want to book?
Email me at info (at) kirstywrightyoga (dot) com or use my contact form.